Monday, July 5, 2021

A Reason to Rise

 

Monday, July 5, 2021

The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary.  Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will.  Isaiah 50:4

I don’t have to be reminded why I get up early; there are two reasons.  First, is that I find it hard to sleep more than about six hours; arthritis and age settled that a good while ago.  Second, sleeping has never allowed me to shake the desire to share God’s wakening messages.  I’ve never imagined myself a prophet, but I share Isaiah’s experience with this.  God woke the prophet to open his understanding to God’s messages.  Clearly God doing the wake-up call is superior to arthritic insomnia, and so Rocky Road Devotions became my early morning discipline during the last decade.  Unless the Lord sees fit to change that, I cannot imagine doing without these early morning meetings with the One who fills my soul with reason to rise.

While this daily meeting with God (and writing out what is impressed to me each day) has grown out of my need for deepening my relationship with the Lord, I have also found (to my unending surprise) there are others in that tribe who need the comfort of a daily word to start the process of daily discipleship.  The daily refreshing of praising God, and feeling His touch is a human need.

So, it doesn’t matter if the auditors be one or ten-thousand, it is God who awakens and speaks to my heart each day before daylight, and if He chooses to bless the weary wanderer on today’s bumpy road, it is my privilege to be part of the rock-removal crew.  It’s a large union!

For You Today

How do you feel about getting the day started?  I mean, everyone starts at some point, because we all sleep, and we all awake…until, of course, that day He takes us home. 

How do you get the day started?  Is it Good Lord…it’s morning.

Or is it, Good morning, Lord…where we going today?

You chew on that as you hit the Rocky Road; have a blessed day!   

[1] Title Image: Pixabay.com   Unless noted, Scripture quoted from The New Living Translation©

No comments:

Post a Comment