Monday, May 16, 2016

He Did WHAT?

Monday, May 16, 2016

Sometimes you just have to laugh; but it can be worrisome!
Our daughter, Jen, had a birthday a week ago, so we gathered at the Sushi place she loves and we celebrated!  The gift we brought was a gag (which is getting to be something of a tradition now with our tribe) and a card with money. 
We laughed at the silly gift, and watched our daughter read the card.  When she finished she was putting everything back in the bag and noticed some more stuff in there.  What she pulled out was our mail from the day before, including bills from the lawn care and electric company!  It seems somebody in our household absent-mindedly picked up the bills from my desk and included them in Jen’s gift bag. 
I said the first thing that came to mind:  well, at least you’ve got money in the card to pay those bills!
Fast forward three days.
I’m the breakfast cook at our house; I like breakfast (a lot), and Elizabeth isn’t a morning person; so Russell does the early honors.    
We both wanted a refill on coffee, so I took our cups to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator to get the cream for Elizabeth’s coffee; nowhere in sight!  I looked to the counter – empty!  I checked the garbage – nope. 
About ten minutes later, after giving-in to the realization that Mrs. Preacher would probably have to do without cream for the second cup, I found it where you would naturally keep cream – in the cabinet with the coffee cups!
Absentmindedness is not just an age-related thing; sometimes it is simply a wake-up call that you’re too busy.  When you’ve got eight hundred things on your plate for the day, and you’re only up to prioritizing the first 350 of them, your mind is a bit overloaded, and you will place things in unusual places!
And then you will worry that you’re losing it!
And that’s when it’s wonderful to come across what God told Isaiah:
I will be your God throughout your lifetime— until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.  Isaiah 46:4(NLT)
I guess that means sometimes he’ll even show you where the cream is hiding!
Thank you, Jesus…I needed that!

For You Today

If you are in your twenties, don’t file this away in a time capsule; you’re going to need it sooner than you think.  That take care of you and carry you along business shows up all throughout your life.
If you’re approaching 70 or 80, print this page and paste it to your forehead so you can see it in the mirror tomorrow morning…you might even think about a tattoo!
Now, I hope I can remember to send this to you.
You chew on that as you hit the Rocky Road today…have a blessed day!

Go to VIDEO


[1] Title Image:  By Stefan Doering (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment