Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Truth

Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Yet you are near, O LORD, and all your commandments are true....I hate and abhor falsehood, but I love your law.    Psalms 119:151, 163 (NRSV)
I didn’t have to look far for the above picture; I stare at it every day.  It is the background picture on my computer.  At 5 in the morning this is the first image I encounter.  It is my reminder that the nature of God is all about truth; the nature of evil is all about lies. 
That picture starts off my day with the bullet note that today I will have a choice about what my nature will look like.
William Barclay wrote that with every decision we make we become more of a heavenly or hellish being.  It’s pretty simple really – truth moves towards God, lies move towards hell. 
And we’re all walking.
For those who desire to walk in truth, the LORD will be near, helping you to see the difference between the light of heaven and the darkness of false promises.  It’s not an easy walk, and we all stumble.  But God is faithfully picking up stumblers!
Today…for you
Have you stumbled in your walk?  Look up; His holy hand is open and waiting.  

Truth….no lie!



No comments:

Post a Comment