Monday, July 15, 2013

It's Monday Again

Monday July 15, 2013

I will praise you forever, O God, for what you have done.  I will wait for your mercies in the presence of your people.  Psalm 52:9 (NLT)
My daughter-in-law reposted this picture on Facebook.  It’s how I feel a lot of Mondays! Especially following a Sunday when I’ve preached three times and didn’t get home till almost 10pm.  
I feel that way when a friend and church member is in the hospital at Chapel Hill struggling to come out of a coma.
I feel that way when my strength is gone.
Then I come to my senses and remember what the prophet Jeremiah remembered as he penned his great lamentations(3:23)…God’s great compassion brings fresh mercies on me every morning (even Mondays!).
So…how are you today?

Is it, morning by morning, new mercies I see?  Or is it that second cup of coffee you’re depending upon?  Coffee’s not evil…trust me.  But you can do better than coffee today!

No comments:

Post a Comment