Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Seeing Christ

Thursday, December 4, 2014[1]
We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers. We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 1:2-3 (NIV)
My pursuit of answering my calling to serve the Lord did not come upon my heart right away. Like many who decide to go to college in later years, I was living day-to-day married, mother of two, and working fulltime. God slowly nudged me from my old ways into seeing the daunting path ahead. God used the faith [of] others who recognized that God was calling me.
There was an older woman in my church who had deep faith and a love for God without measure. I did not work very far from her home and she offered her house to me whenever I needed. I would go there often in between my school bus runs and do my school work. She would always say thank you for coming as if I had given her some great gift by sitting at her table and typing papers. She would look at me with a twinkle in her eyes and talk about my work in the future and serving God.
I saw the face of Christ in her, and through her faith I found faith in myself. When we take the time to invest and hold up our faith for others, there is hope in all thing[s] possible through Christ Jesus.
Think about those times in your life when another's faith has given you hope in your faith.
Pastor Ginifir Giddinge, Good Shepherd UMC, Grey, ME,
New England Conference of the United Methodist Church 11
[1] During this blessed season of Advent we will enjoy together daily devotions which are shared by Local Pastors and Associate Members of the United Methodist Church from around the United States.  I had the privilege of participating in this project, and look forward to sharing these daily uplifting thoughts with you over the season from now (Thanksgiving) to January 1st.  Each author will be identified, and we thank them in advance for each contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment